Header Ads

“I was a gundi in school” – Sonakshi Sinha

Sonakshi-Sinha-latest-stills-at-Akira-trailer-launch-4Usually we have seen Sonakshi Sinha romancing superstars on big screen, but this time she will be seen in a new avatar in Akira. There is no star or superstar by her side but she’s seen doing some kickass action scenes! And if you have seen the trailer of the film, you know that she means business this time.
She’s already getting heaps of praises for the trailer and Sonakshi shares her joy, “It’s been a lot of hard work for me to get the look in Akira. I really want to thank AR Murugadoss sir.” It was surprising for Sonakshi when Murugadoss offered her an action thriller, “Frankly I was pleasantly surprised when he came to me with this film and he said that you know we are going to turn it around and make it a woman centric hard hitting film about this girl’s character (Akira is an official remake of Tamil film Mouna Guru). I was like you want me to do it? He said yes, for sure. He’s a great director to work with. I don’t think I could have asked anything better than this to do. We did Holiday together which the audience loved. He’s a fantastic director to work with, I felt that in the very first film which I did with him. I’m really thankful to him for trusting me with this kind of film.”

Akira is about this small town girl who stands against all odds and doing an action film has really got her excited. “It feels great. It feels that I was waiting for this moment. I was born to do this. There is always an adrenaline rush happening when you do scenes like that on set with all these amazing stuntmen. Action director, Anal Arasu was teaching me action which was too awesome because he has done action in most of my films in the past - Dabangg 2, Rowdy Rathore, Holiday.” She adds further, “It was difficult shooting for Akira. I went through a lot of injuries and it was painful as hell.”
Sonakshi has worked with all the action heroes - Akshay Kumar, Ajay Devgn and Salman Khan. She says that she has learned maar-peet from them only. Sonakshi says, “The past five years I’m working with these guys. Inse maine maar-peet he seekhi hai. It’s really been a pleasure watching them do action on screen and I love action films. I love to be part of them.” Talking about the tips she has got from Akshay Kumar she says, “The biggest tip Akshay gave me was that injury se bach ke rehna. Even that I wasn’t able to follow but I think he is a very sensible person when it comes to understanding proper form of martial arts and stuff." She also clarifies that Akshay Kumar has no guest appearance in Akira. Few know that Sonakshi was quite dabang in her school days. “I was actually a gundi in my school and college (laughs). No one dared to take punga with me. log mujhe dekh kar he dar jaate the.”

Her contemporaries, Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone are making waves in Hollywood and she is also in the mood to explore this new arena. She says, “I feel they (Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone) have gotten some really good roles to play in Hollywood. So if something like that comes on my way I will think about it but right now I have no intention as such.”
http://www.bollywoodara.com/gundi-school-sonakshi-sinha/
#Bollywood, #Bollywood_Movies, #Sonakshi_Sinha

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.