Header Ads

What? This actress doesn’t want her documentary to release in India!

Sunny-Leone-2This is a bit of a shocker to us that actress Sunny Leone doesn’t want her documentary to release in India. Well, yes this is true. The documentary titled as ‘Mostly Sunny’ chronicles around the life of Sunny Leone, right from her childhood days when she was growing up in a Sikh family to her shift to Los Angeles and her evolution to one of the biggest adult stars in the world. Leone says, “I hope it doesn’t come to India. Because that’s not the story that is mine. This is somebody else’s opinion, somebody else’s vision. No one has a right to tell your life story except for you. It’s not a biopic made on my life where you can manipulate and say what you want. It is not like you are appealing to cinematic liberty. This is somebody’s life. This is my life, I take it very personally.”

The documentary is directed by Dilip Mehta and it recently premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival which was unattended by Leone due to a family function. Leone opened up about the issues she has with regards to the documentary to a web portal and here’s what she said, “It’s really simple, at the end of the day, it’s my personal story. I surrendered to his vision but when it got to my story, how it looks and the story that is actually told… In my view no one in this entire world has the right to say how my life should be told. I am the one telling the story, it is my life. There were certain things I didn’t like and I wanted it (the documentary) to be for many people to watch, not just one age group. I don’t see my story as a sob story, where something went wrong. That’s not my story. If a young woman was looking for encouragement. I wanted that young woman to be able to watch it without going squeamish… There is so much material in there which was not needed, or that was shown. Now you’re trying to show it to people.”

Her disappointment is quite evident when she says, “I had a family affair, which is absolutely true… They didn’t even want to show me a cut of my film. I believe at the end of the day I have a right to watch what is going to be shown at TIFF. If the producer or the director is not showing me my own life story documentary then why should I go? At the end, when they finally sent me the final edit, I wasn’t really interested in watching it again because I had watched it five times. They told us point blank that none of the changes we requested them to make, on my life, my story, they were ignored. ”

The movie ‘Mostly Sunny’ will be releasing worldwide in the month of December and will premiere in Asia at Mumbai’s MAMI Film Festival in October.
http://www.bollywoodara.com/actress-doesnt-want-documentary-release-india/
#Beard, #Beardlife, #Belladiva, #Belladivadance, #Belladivalifestyle, #Bollyfan, #Bollywoodactor, #Bollywooddancers, #Bollywoodfashion, #Bollywoodscenes, #Bollywoodstyle, #Celeb, #Celebrity, #Chakde, #Classicalindiandance, #Cute_Bollywood_News, #Dancestudio, #Dashing, #Denverdance, #Dvn, #Glamour, #Hero, #Hot, #Ilovedenver, #Indianactor, #Indiandance, #Instagood, #King, #Kingkumar, #Letsdance, #Likeforlike, #Loveyeah, #Mumbai, #Mybae, #Myworld, #Ootd, #Photooftheday, #Picoftheday, #Prettyinpurple, #Pyaar, #Sexy, #Star, #Style, #Sunglasses, #Sunny_Leone, #Thingstodoindenver, #Vm_Akkian, #Worlddance

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.